I have missed blogging. Life has been crazy, and I haven’t had time to sit and write. I haven’t even had a ton of time to read either. Which sucks, cause last month I slayed my reading goal for the month of January. I will be lucky to get the two books done by the end of the month.
So quick book update is that I made a separate account on Instagram for my book obsession you can find me at “thereadinglass” if your interested! I like having a separate account for the bookstagram community and keep my regular instagram just for everyday life. Okay, moving on….
I saw YouTubers doing the 25 bookish facts about me tag and thought it looked interesting. I tag anyone who wants to do this tag, DO IT! Then let me know when you do so I can check it out! Here are my 25 bookish facts.
- I get book reccomendations mainly through YouTube and the blogging community. I like to follow people who have similar book tastes and see what their thoughts are for the book I am interested in.
- My first “book crush” was on Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. Despite all the wonderful book boys I have come to love; Gilbert will always be my number 1.
- I either drink tea or coffee while reading. I don’t have a favorite for reading. It all comes down to the book I am reading and the mood I am in.
- I have never read Twilight. Even when all my friends were reading them and were begging me to join them, I did not. The story didn’t interest me and I don’t think it is fair to the book if I read it without having any interest. It’s not that I will never read Twilight, I just don’t have any interest at the moment.
- I like to listen to music while reading. I even make a set list of songs for a book that I think will go really well with the story and the characters.
- It was because of Outlander that I started digging into my family heritage. Turns out I am not just Irish but I have quite a bit of Scottish. I was even able to trace my ancestors to the Highlands. Hello Jamie!!
- I only threw a book once. I was really into the story and I loved the couple and then something terrible happened. I was so upset that I threw the book across the room ( OH the horror!!) and sat a cried my eyes out. I picked up the book made sure it was okay and continued reading. Haven’t read it again.
- I can read in the car. Most of the people I know can’t but I can.
- I watched all the Harry Potter movies before I read the books. I think it helped me separate the movies and books. The books are just wonderful!
- I took the Pottermor quiz and I am house Ravenclaw. I always knew I would be Ravenclaw and I am proud!
- I love Edgar Allan Poe.
- I am also a huge fan of Jane Austen. I have read 2 so far.
- I have a really old edition of Little Women by Louisa May Alcott that is in need to be replaced.
- I love the classic Nancy Drew books.
- I love pretty hardcover books for my self, but prefer to travel with a paperback.
- I change my lock screen or home screen to something related to the book I am currently reading.
- I like to have Lavender oil diffusing while I read to help me be calm and to focus on the story.
- My favorite smell is coffee and books, so going to a Barnes and Noble with a Starbucks is a small slice of heaven.
- I have not read the Fault in Our Stars because when I went to see the movie I cried buckets. I can only begin to imagine the emotional mayhem that would breakout if I read the book. The book will end up with tears and smeared ink.
- I cried more during the scenes with Jem and Will then the scenes with either of them with Tessa in Clockwork Princess. Love all three but Jem and Will… The feels!
- I prefer fiction over nonfiction.
- I am highly anticipating Crooked Kingdom the sequel to Six of Crows. I am more then ready to be with the crew again!
- My husband and I picked our baby girl name for when the time comes and it comes from a book or maybe I should say books 😉
- If I could, I would read ALL DAY. I also wouldn’t mind being able to write all day.
- I only follow a small handful of authors on social media. I like to be updated on books that I am waiting for.
So there are my 25 bookish facts. What Hogwarts house are you in? Let me know!
Till next time!