I thought it would be fun to do a tag today. I have seen the Taylor Swift book tag and figured why not? So without anymore chatting let’s go!
1) We Are Never Getting Back Together: A book or series you were pretty sure you were in love with but then wanted to break up with.
Well I am going to give this one to Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. I remember reading the first book in middle school. I checked out that book from my school library probably ten times.. But then by books two and three, I realized I wasn’t as in love with them as I thought.
2) Red: Pick a book with a red cover.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I have the red cover that was released for the TV show.
3) The Best Day: Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic.
Hands down the Christy Miller Series by Robin Jones Gunn. I read the first book when I was 15 and I still have all 4 volumes on my shelf. Occasionally, I’ll re-read them to get those warm and fuzzy feelings.
4) Love Story: Pick a book with a forbidden love.
I am going to go with Annie Between the States by L.M. Elliott. Annie lives in the south during the American Civil War when she meets a handsome Northerner. She really struggles with her emotions for this young man and feeling patriotic to her home.
5) I Knew You Were Trouble: pick a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love.
Hands down Kaz from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Kaz is a criminal. He thinks nothing of killing anyone who crosses him. But I love his character.
6) Innocent: pick a book that someone ruined the ending of.
Easy. Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I was on Pinterest and there it was… It was on my TBR list and now I am not sure I can physically take that pain again.
7) Everything Has Changed: pick a book that has a character who goes through extensive character development.
I am going to go with Alec Lightwood in City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. I loved how Alec has come to accept Clary as one of them, even helping Simon when he was starving. He is protective of his friends and sister. I loved seeing him just whipping out that bow of his!
8) Forever and Always: pick your favorite book couple.
There is no way I can pick one! So I have shortened the list to 5 couples
Anne and Gilbert (Anne of Green Gables)
Will and Tessa ( TID)
Jem and Tessa (TID)
Matthias and Nina ( Six of Crows)
Jace and Clary ( TMI)
9) You Belong With Me: most anticipated book release.
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. This is the sequel to Six of Crows. It is suppose to come out this fall. I want be with the crew again!
10) Come Back, Be Here: pick a book you wouldn’t lend out to anyone for fear of missing it too much.
I have two actually. Though really I don’t like loaning any of my books. In particular: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I am currently reading Passenger but these books are so pretty and different from my other books…
11) Tear Drops on My Guitar: a book that made you cry a lot.
Well I am going to go with a recent cry as there have been many books that have made me cry. I cried at the scene where Will was telling Tessa his feelings in Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. It tore my heart in two.
12) Shake it Off: a book that you love so much you just shake off the haters.
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I don’t care if you don’t like it… I love it! Haters gonna hate!
Feel free to tell me your answers!
Till my next post!