It has been a few days since I have blogged. I have several posts in the works. It take a lot of time to type and post, especially when your life has been hectic. Since I have some down time today I am going to be putting out some posts, and may just schedule them to go out when I need to have posts up. I want to keep posting regularly.
As you can see from the title I am going talk about my hair. next to the color of my eyes, I get a lot of compliments on my hair. I love the compliments, simply because it is so nice to know that people are noticing the hard work I put into taking care of my hair. I don’t use a ton of products, and I will briefly talk about my hair type.
I have a LOT of hair. It is not extremely thick, I have some natural volume as well. The main problem area is frizz…. It likes to frizz up. It also loves to be dyed. Weird I know, considering dying your hair is super bad. What I mean is that it takes the color I choose. So now that I described a little bit about my hair, I want to share with you some of my secrets.
- Washing my hair: I do not wash my hair everyday. I wash it between every 2-3 days. This really sounds gross, but some shampoos, strip your hair natural oils, as well as water can be hard on you hair. Product buildup.. I also save money from having to buy shampoo and conditioner. On the day’s that I don’t wash my hair I use Dove’s dry shampoo to lift up the roots.
- Shampoo and Conditioner: I LOVE Dove shampoo. I have tried many shampoos and conditioners. Yet I always come back to Dove. I use Dove with Argan Oil in it, that helps with any dry and frizzy hair.
- Drying my hair: I allow my hair to air dry, unless I have to leave the house in like 30 minuets. Then I will let it hair dry for a little bit while I dress, or apply a bit of makeup on then blow dry it. when I blow dry I have been using Nexus heat protecting spray.
- Hair products: I tend to not use any hair products. I may use a hair spray, again my favorite is Dove. I have other products that I may use for any hair styles I want to do, but for the most part I don’t use them.
- Heating Tools: I again rarely use them. I use to straighten my hair all the time. But again it kills your hair. I love doing flat iron curls. However, I don’t use heating tools as much anymore.
- Dying my hair: I do dye my hair. I do it myself, and not all the time.
- I cut my own hair: I taught myself how to cut my hair, and I save money. This isn’t a real secret to gorgeous hair, but I may as well just say it.
This all I do. I really do not do anything special or different from what the next girl does. Except maybe the hair washing bit. Next week, I am going to do my skin care routine.